|别名||Korath the Pursuer|
|死亡||August 4, 2014|
|阵营||Ronan the Accuser|
|电影||Guardians of the Galaxy|
|漫画||Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude|
What is your name?!"
"My name is Peter Quill, okay? Dude, chill out."
"Ronan may have questions for you.
Working for Ronan the Accuser
How do you know about this?"
"I don't even know what that is!
Korath led a platoon of Sakaarans ordered by Thanos to take Nebula and Gamora to Praxius IX when a lead for the Orb appeared there. The lead turned out to be false, and the party left empty handed. Shortly afterwards, Thanos ordered Korath, Nebula and Gamora to work for Ronan the Accuser, who had made a deal with Thanos to find the Orb in exchange for Thanos destroying Xandar.
While hunting for the Orb on the planet Morag, Korath found that Peter Quill had already located and successfully stolen it. Korath and his soldiers took him hostage while Quill attempted to talk his way out of the situation by first claiming to be unaware of what he had found, then claiming to be a legendary outlaw going by the name Star-Lord, who Korath had never heard of. Tired of his foolishness, Korath refused to listen and ordered his squad of Sakaaran soldiers to take Quill and the Orb to Ronan the Accuser for questioning.
However, Quill managed to escape by shooting Korath in the chest and killing his Sakaaran soliders. Korath survived due to his enhanced skin and body armor and attempted to kill his attacker. Quill escaped through the hole in the wall and Korath gave chase. Quill was just able to get to his ship by using a Gravity Mine to incapacitate Korath's soldiers. While Quill attempted to start his ship, Korath ordered his men to build a cannon. By the time the cannon was ready, Quill used his ship to escape back to Xandar as Korath tried and failed to shoot him out of the sky.
Korath returned to the Dark Aster and informed Ronan the Accuser, Gamora and Nebula of events on Morag and of the outlaw Star-Lord, who his sources had informed him was planning to sell the Orb to a dealer named Broker on Xandar. Ronan ordered Gamora to travel to Xandar and retrieve the Orb from Peter Quill when he attempted to sell it to Broker, while Korath remained behind and continued to command Ronan's Sakaaran army.
Master, you cannot! Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe!"
Later, Korath was present when Ronan decided to betray Thanos and keep the Orb's power to himself. The Orb's power caused explosions on the ship as Ronan consumed the power into his hammer and told Thanos that after he had destroyed Xandar, he would kill Thanos. Korath was disturbed by this due to how extremely powerful Thanos is, and questioned his master's decision as he believed that Thanos was the most powerful being in the universe. However, Ronan reassured him that with the power of the Orb, Thanos would not pose a threat.
You will never make it to Ronan!
During the attack on Xandar by Ronan's forces, the Dark Aster was attacked by the combined forces of the Ravagers and the Nova Corps. Korath led a unit of Sakaaran soldiers in defending the Dark Aster, as they matched through the ship, they encountered Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer and Groot who had boarded the ship during the battle with the intention of killing Ronan the Accuser.Guardians of the Galaxy, in which Korath fought Star-Lord, easily over-powering his human foe and mocking his attempts to kill Ronan. Their fight was interrupted when Drax the Destroyer defended Quill and attacked Korath. Korath briefly gained the upper hand, but the tables were turned and Korath was killed by Drax, who tore out a cybernetic part of his head while reciting his attempt at a metaphor.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Korath had strength that rivaled that of Drax the Destroyer thanks to his Kree physiology and his cybernetic augmentations. He could jump from great heights and land in a crouched manner unfazed, with the ground beneath him being left with a crater marking where he landed. His blows could hurl a grown humanoid several feet across the air at great speed.
- Superhuman Durability: Korath was resilient to the point where he could destroy stone by landing on it after falling from great height. He was so durable that he was only stunned and hurled through the air by a lethal shot from Star-Lord's Quad Blasters.
- Superhuman Agility: Korath had superhuman agility and reflexes, on par with Drax.
- Expert Combatant: Korath trained throughout his life in hand-to-hand combat with the likes of Gamora and Nebula, although he often uses his natural powers to his advantage. When not using his strength and physical prowess in combat, he still had great skill in combat, being able to battle against Drax the Destroyer for a while before being killed.
- Expert Marksman: Korath used a Necroblaster in battle, being armed with it in an attempt to stop Star-Lord from escaping on Morag.
- Thanos - Former Master turned Enemy
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- In the comics, Korath was a Kree cyber-geneticist, and the founder of a project to develop cybernetic warriors for the Kree militia.
- Korath's early designs included blue skin, but painting Djimon Hounsou's skin was scrapped during production.