||正义的地球人，这篇文章需要翻译。你可以帮助漫威电影宇宙资料站来 翻译它。 点此查看本站通用的 标准译名对照表|
|死亡||August 3, 2014|
Guardians of the Galaxy
|游戏||Lego Marvel's Avengers|
The Avengers Adaptation|
Thor: The Dark World Prelude
The Tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world, a human world. They would wield its power, but our ally knows its workings as they never will. He is ready to lead, and our force, our Chitauri, will follow. The world will be his, the universe yours. And the humans, what can they do, but burn?
The Other served Thanos while he was helping Loki. He gave Loki the Scepter, which would give him complete control over Thanos' Chitauri army, allowing him to steal the Tesseract and conquer Earth so Thanos could rule the universe with the Tesseract's power.
在洛基到达地球之后，他联系上了灭霸。Loki assured the Other that the battle against Earth's forces would be glorious but not lengthy. The Other threatened the god of mischief, declaring that if he failed in defeating the Earthlings, Thanos would make him know a new kind of suffering.
When Loki was eventually defeated by the Avengers and taken back to Asgard along with the Tesseract, it meant that both the Tesseract and the Scepter were lost to Thanos. the Other complained to Thanos that the Earth's inhabitants were not as weak as they were supposed to be. When Thanos stood up from his throne, the Other dropped his head and bowed to his ruler, showing respect. He declared that challenging the Earth's heroes would be to court Death itself. To this, Thanos simply smiled.
Lower your tone! I may be your...
—— The Other's last words[src]
Some time later, Thanos made a deal with Ronan the Accuser to steal another Infinity Stone called the Orb. When it was learnt that Thanos' daughter Gamora had betrayed them, stolen the Orb for herself and escaped, Thanos demanded their presence. The Other contacted Ronan and Nebula through a holographic screen and told them to visit the Sanctuary to discuss Gamora's betrayal and the loss of the Orb.
When Ronan and Nebula arrived, Ronan began to argue aggressively with The Other, who lectured the pair on their failure and ordered them to show respect in Thanos' presence. The Other shouted at him to lower his voice; Ronan grew impatient with him and chose instead to kill The Other mid-sentence, twisting his head 180 degrees with the power of his Universal Weapon.
- Thanos - Master
- Ronan the Accuser † - Killer
- Chitauri - Subordinates
- Leviathan - Subordinates
- In the comics, "The Other" was an alias of Chthon the Elder God. However, his appearance closely resembles that of Thanos' right-hand man, Corvus Glaive, also being very similar to Herr Kleiser from the Ultimate Marvel Comics series.
- The Other is one of few major antagonists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe not to be killed in their debut appearance, the others being Abomination, Loki, Thanos and the Winter Soldier.
Behind the Scenes
- The first and last lines of The Avengers are both spoken by The Other.
- The Other and Thanos are the only characters to appear in both The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy.
- James Gunn has said that the Other was killed off so that Ronan the Accuser would not look weak in comparison to Thanos: "You don’t want to belittle the actual antagonist of the film, which is Ronan. You don’t want him to seem like a big wussy. We’ve had the Other, who’s obviously very powerful even in comparison to Loki, and then we see Ronan wipe his ass with him."
- The Other has yellow eyes and six fingers with two thumbs on each hand.
- In The Avengers, Alexis Denisof's voice was heavily modified and masked to hide most of Denisof's actual voice, but in Guardians of the Galaxy little modification was done to Denisof's voice.
- An earlier draft of the script reveals that during his death scene, The Other was about to say "I may be your worst enemy."